Get Ops Alerts via Email and Smartphone Devices
To subscribe to email alerts, please follow the below link:
To subscribe to text alerts, please follow these simple steps on your text-enabled mobile phone:
- Address a new text message to the number (757) 208-4088
- If you are in the trucking industry, text POVTrucker to (757) 208-4088
- If you work for an ocean carrier/ shipping line, text POVShipline to (757) 208-4088
- If you work for a beneficial cargo owner (BCO), text POVBCO to (757) 208-4088
- If you don’t work in one of those industry segments, but wish to receive alerts, text POVPartner to (757) 208-4088
- Port of Virginia employees should contact Steven Mooney or POV Customer Service Povcustomerservice@vit.org
** Registering for multiple industry segments will result in duplicate text messages.
You will receive a confirmation text, asking you to provide optional information: Name, email address and company/employer**.
You will only be contacted in regards to The Port of Virginia information. Your privacy will be protected and your information will not be shared. Recurring msgs. Consent to receive informational messages is not a requirement as a condition of using Port of Virginia services. To unsubscribe from recurring Port of Virginia messaging, reply STOP. For help, reply HELP or contact Customer Service at 757-440-7160 or POVCustomerService@vit.org. Message and Data Rates May Apply. SMS Terms and Privacy
Supplying these optional information elements will allow us to serve you better, going forward. While the vast majority of text alerts will be delivered to all subscribers, identifying your industry segment allows us to periodically target specific information at specific audiences.
**Note – The “Employer” field is limited to 10 characters. Entering more than 10 characters in that field generates an error message. Please abbreviate your employer/company name to 10 characters or less.